Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Cleaning

With spring break upon us I have been scurrying around the house doing a serious deep clean, including all those nooks and crannies that sometimes are over looked in the busyness of the school year.

I am a list maker by nature and oh how that list goes on when it comes to spring cleaning! I try to squeeze as many chores into the week as I can.

So far the list goes something like this:
  • Dust under all furniture
  • Vacuum base boards
  • Wash all sheets and towels (a weekly chore, but when I add it to this list it make the list look all the longer!)
  • Clean the chicken coops (another weekly chore)
  • Organize The Drawer (you know which drawer, everyone has a black hole like this don't they?)
  • Dust pantry
  • Mop
  • Make laundry soap
  • Re-organize my craft room
  • Make granola
  • Make a double batch of crackers
I have been whittling away at this list for a few days now and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I do love the way the house feels after a good deep clean, like our little cottage has taken a breath of fresh air.

I will continue on with my list for the next few days, of course supplementing with lunches with friends, guest speakers at Powells, printmaking classes at Collage, and knitting... it should be a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment