Monday, March 29, 2010

Print Making Class

Last week I took a print class at Collage and it was such fun! I studied print making throughout college and always loved the art form. I have often missed my times at the print shop and wished that it was a hobby that I could continue. While in college I used very large printing presses and never knew that there were ways to hand print. The techniques quickly came back to me and I look forward to starting up the printing process again... thank you notes, birthday cards, Christmas cards- oh my!

I attended the class with two of my teacher friends from school. Each of us having printed before, but not in many moons, made for a fun evening! We started off with dinner and drinks and The Bye and Bye, a vegan bar on Alberta (vegan being something I just don't understand). The food was fair, they served local brew and the company was great!

After our dinner we were off to our class, which was held in the back of the Collage store. There were maybe 10-12 students in the class, which was wonderful as it allowed for questions and plenty of time to print. I came away with four cute little prints of a bike and lots of plans to continue printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment