Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Better Living Show

Friday night's Date Night led David and I to the Better Living Show at the Expo Center. After dinner at Fire on the Mountain we were off to the fun yearly event that is the Better Living Show. We enjoyed meandering though the booths and especially loved seeing the animals that were brought in for the show!

Last year I remember seeing chickens and a rabbit, but this year there was a farmer who even brought two alpaca! I have always loved alpaca and have longed to own some someday. Until seeing these two cuties at the show, I thought the love for alpaca was all on me, but oh was I surprised when David fell in love with them as well!

They were very sweet and docile, even though many hands were reaching in to pet them and we enjoyed talking to the rancher for the better part of a half hour. He answered all of our questions and encouraged us to call him when we are ready to start our own little flock... how fun! While we know that we will not be having a flock of any kind any time soon, it sure was fun to chat with him and see the animals up close!

Of course we also enjoyed seeing the home goods booths and chatting with the ladies from the Master Gardener program, but nothing compared to those alpaca!

2 comments:

  1. The alapca do look very sweet! When do I get to see a pair in your backyard? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are those alpaca? I totally forgot about the show. We were gone, but it would have been fun to go with you guys. How were the vodka samples?

    ReplyDelete