Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oh How I Love It...

When he does the cooking!

I love to cook, being in the kitchen is where I feel my most calm and collected. However, it was not until David took a week off recently that I realized how much I do love having someone cook for me! He did all the menu planning and grocery shopping, and oh was I spoiled! Throughout the week we had a camembert pasta, sausage and barley soup, a platter dinner (bread, cheese, pickled veggies, fruit) and David's famous lasagna... he even made an extra batch of bolognese sauce for the freezer! I am already looking forward to this happening again!

5 comments:

  1. That all looks so yummy! I would love the recipe for the soup:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipes are found in Jamie Oliver's book Food Revolution (my Valentine's gift from the Mr.)... Oh, and p.s. I just saw your post about the peach honey, oh how I wish I had that recipe when I was elbow deep in pounds upon pound of peaches... there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am salivating over all of those delicious looking photos! I want to come eat at Allison's house... :) DP and I have been on a HUGE apple/pear binge lately! Bauman Farms and EZ Orchards last Saturday. It's definitely fall! Glad you met Amy "The Canning Wife"! You both are Kitchen Inspirations! From, Brittany S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brittany!!! Allison I love Jamie oliver and am just about to start on a bread adventure through his book, Happy days with the naked cheif...can't wait! Love the lip balm so cute:)

    ReplyDelete