Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lip Balm

Recently I have been playing around with my own beauty products. One of the recent successes has been homemade lip balm! I researched a few recipes in some of my own books and did some searching on the internet. After reading enough to feel confident, I just made up my own mixture and we have been loving it!

Looking ahead to dry winter lips, I wanted something really healing, so I chose to use bees wax, olive oil and lots of vitamin e. I also mixed in peppermint essential oil into half of the batch, David likes his without peppermint, I like it both ways :)

I chose to put half the batch in those cute little tins and the other half was poured into lip tubes, but I didn't get a picture of those. Once they were cool, I made little labels for them and oh can I say that these tins and tubes have been in our pockets ever since!

*Note- when making your own beauty product, I find it really important to purchase all organic ingredients, of the best quality you can get your hands on. I purchased my bees wax at The Herb Shoppe. *

No comments:

Post a Comment