Friday, October 29, 2010

Elderberry Syrup

With cold and flu season upon us, I have recently been very interested in home remedies to battle illness. I have never been a fan of lots of medicine, but some wacky home-brewed concoction is right up my alley! So, some snooping lead me to this tutorial from Mt. Rose Herbs, the same company that I order my herbs for my daily tea.
Well, let's just say that I made this "just in time". A few days later, I found myself with a sore throat, the kind that hurts when you swallow... you know the kind :) Well, after taking a table spoon of my Elderberry syrup about four times a day for two days, my throat felt wonderful... it never even turned into anything too bad! I plan to continue to keep this around for the duration of cold and flu season!

No comments:

Post a Comment