Monday, October 25, 2010

Apples, Apples, Apples!

A few weeks ago David and I ventured out to Portland Nursery for their annual Apple Festival. And, oh did we eat apples! We counted and sampled just over 45 different varieties of apples and pears!

This was my favorite! Jonathan apples right next to King David (I know David's brother, Jonathan would have loved to see that!).

I couldn't resist setting this little scene, the largest next to the smallest... of course I left it up, I just knew that some little apple eater would see it and giggle with delight!

Oh how I would love to own an apple press like this one!

AND, look what we found on the lawn right by where we parked our car... I brought home all four :)

Once we were home it was time for me to get busy. I dried enough apples to fill a half gallon jar, made a triple batch of apple-pear fruit leather and made an apple crisp!



If that weren't enough... our custodian at school sent out an email stating that she had lots of apples and pears to give away! Never one to say "no" to an abundant harvest, I filled up a bag and set to work making fresh cider using our juicer. I stowed it away in the freezer... oh how wonderful that will be in the middle of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment