Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer Time...

My "Happy Last Day of School" Flowers from The Mr.
The flowers were accompanied by two of my favorite magazines to keep me busy while doing my first couple of days of heavy sitting!

and the livings easy! My, oh my, how times does fly! I look and life is all pumpkins and happy Halloween and the next thing I know, gardens are being planted and school is out! The cozy little cottage has been one busy place these last eight months... with all sorts of fun projects, but oh how I am looking forward to the quieter routine of summer. I am hoping to again get into the routine of visiting this little corner of the internet on a more regular basis.

Every year when summer comes knocking on the door, I am always so excited and grateful that I get to slow down during this season and take some, much needed, time off. Each June I plan out all the things that will make up my days while playing house at home. I always make a list of cleaning to-do's, things I want to can or put up and summer fun activities that I don't want to miss (we already have concerts and picnics planed here and here!) This year I have even gone so far as to create a daily schedule! With the many activities I always want to fit into each and every day... there just never seems to be enough time! So this year, while outlandishly silly and organized as it may be, I am going to try to stick to a daily and weekly schedule.

My daily schedule will hold all the activities that need to be done on a daily basis... including fun things like at least an hour and a half of knitting (lots of great projects lined up), time in the garden, time set aside to blog and even time scheduled into the day to read! This list will also include my daily meal preparations, what ever they may be. I am a girl who likes to do many-a-activity (my wanna be close girlfriend Harriet Fasenfest calls it householding... I met her earlier this month!) Well, with so many interests, one could easily flit about all day, ahem... never have I done that! Well, at least this summer I will be checking things off the Must Do list!

The weekly schedule is filled with tasks that are done but once a week. Laundry is on this list, baking bread (using my new grain grinder!), picking fruits and veggies, preserving, cleaning... with the goal being to get all these tasks completed before the weekend so The Mr. and I can have a nice relaxing weekend at home or away with no worries of chores!

...Whew! Listing everything out like that really makes it sound like this will be much more of a working summer and not so restful... but oh, householding is my play... I absolutely adore being busy in my little house. It also doesn't help that I am an early riser :)

So here is to a summer full playing house!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Thanks for posting ... I've missed reading about the Cozy Little Cottage.

    ReplyDelete