Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Here We Go Again...

Only smaller this time!

my latest project
As many of you know, I love to knit... well, I love to spend my time with any hand craft really. I grew up in a household full of art, art, art and I still find that I need that creative time and I need it often! However, the school year makes for a very busy time and weeks, or yikes, months can go by and I am not able to squeeze in any drawing, knitting, painting, sewing...

So when summer was upon us and I created this list, I was sure to put knitting on it! And, the first Monday after school was out found me at this little yarn shop to pick out yarn for the baby surprise sweater (no babies here... but as you may remember, I do love an EZ pithy pattern).

This pattern is almost iconic among the knitting crowd. It is so simple and knits up to "look like an old potato chip" says Elizabeth herself! Once it is off the needles, you stitch up the sides and viola! you have a sweater for a little.

I can hear some of you saying... "But, Allison, it's color! It's orange". I know, I know... but it is one of favorite colors, I love burnt orange and when that little one does arrive someday he/she will need something to wear to all those football games in Corvallis, right?

So wish me luck on this little number :) I am hoping have it off the needles very soon so I can start on another little something for myself!

Good thing this stock afforded me such a great deal of knitting time!
More on that to come :)...
Update on my first sweater: It turned out great. I love it and wear it too often!

2 comments:

  1. HI Chrissy :) I am glad to be back... all sorts of fun things are happening at the Cozy Little Cottage! Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete