Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Menu Plan: 6.23- 6.29

For a couple of years now I have been a menu planner. I enjoy the time spent thinking up ways to nourish my little family and love the extra chance to spend 45 minutes to an hour perusing my cookbooks (I truly am my mother's daughter... my cookbook collection is becoming quite embarrassing!). I usually only plan for dinner during the week, as I like to have leftovers for lunch and I send the same with David in his lunch that he takes to work. However, on the weekends I will sometimes plan breakfast, lunch and dinner if it is to be a weekend spent around the homestead.


I have a little journal that I keep and into it goes all my lists, recipe notes and other goodies (maybe a post needs to be dedicated to this little journal?) Anyway... Each week after I get my email for our CSA box (more on that soon!), I sit down and make a menu plan. We pick up our CSA box on Thursdays, so my menu plan is always from Thursday to the following Wednesday, kinda silly I know, but it helps me to plan according to our weekly delivery so that nothing goes to waste :)

This week's page... filled to the brim with all sorts of good little notes
What kind of things does one eat at the Cozy Little Cottage you ask? Well, here is our latest list:

Thursday 6.23: Tuna Salad on greens with homemade herbed toast
                         strawberries and whipped cream for an after dinner treat

Friday: date night at home- Grilled Pork Chops & Artichokes

Saturday: Lunch- Platter of salami, cheese, hard boiled eggs, homemade bread and dilly beans
                Dinner- Korean Short Ribs (from The Grassfed Gourmet Fires it Up!) with grilled arugula

Sunday: Lunch- Left Overs
              Dinner- Roasted Beet & Spinach Salad w/ Goat Cheese and Stuffed Potatoes

Monday: Broccoli Salad with Turnips (you know the salad... with raisins and sunflower seeds)

Tuesday: Warm Spinach Salad w/ Bacon

Wednesday: Pizza w/ l.o. Bacon, Beet Greens and Blue Cheese

... So there you have it. A week of eating a la Cozy Little Cottage... Perhaps this little menu plan will make a weekly appearance?

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I could pass along my love (obsession) of a good cookbook ... there are worse habits we could have. Your menu looks fabulous. I want to come for dinner. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom- What night can you come! We would love to have you every night if only you lived just right next door :)

    ReplyDelete