Thursday, July 7, 2011

Menu Plan: 7.7- 7.13

David had the week off this week, so we were out and about a lot more than usual. Because of our wonderful change in schedule, I didn't have a chance to make a couple of things that I had scheduled last week... so lucky you, you will see them again here!

Thursday 7.7- Burgers with grilled fennel and quinoa salad

Friday 7.8- Date Night! Monday is David's birthday... maybe we will hit the town for a little early birthday celebration :)

Saturday 7.9- Birthday BBQ: Pulled Pork (in the crock pot), Rolls, Slaw, Grain Salad w/ Pesto, Bean Salad, Cowboy Caviar Dip and Chips, Fruit Crisp
*** Each year for David's birthday, he invites some friends over for a bbq and lawn games... last year everyone even stayed the night in the backyard and tradition was born! We look forward to a fun night with friends camping in the backyard***

Sunday 7.10- Egg Casserole (for the overnighters!)
                      Left Overs for dinner

Monday 7.11 "Happy Birthday to D, Happy Birthday to D..."
                       Dinner out with the family

Tuesday 7.12- Grilled T-Bone Steaks, Turnip Gratin, Salad

Wednesday 7.13- ... something using up our extra surplus of veggies from the CSA!

As we head into the dog days of summer, I try to have us grilling, cooking in the morning or dining on things that require little to no cooking... anything to keep this old "one bun kitchen" cool.

I would love to hear from you readers... what kinds of things do you make in the dog days to try to keep cool?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Allison! I have been making a lot of my own "concoctions" lately, and they're very adaptable (I think!) I usually start with an avocado and mix in whatever else I have that's green, sometimes add tuna, and eat it in a halved green pepper or whole tomato "stuffed" style - also, great on Dave's Killer bread sandwich style. Chickpeas always make their way into my dishes somehow. Squishing them up and adding them to avocado is a great spread. I like to "eat cold" in the summer, as it keeps me cool. Iced organic coffee with a dash of soy is always a treat. And let's not forget Arnold Palmer's! My meals are usually for 1 as dP has his own meal agenda... :) Your quinoa salad sounds delish! Take care, Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany- What wonderful ideas! I love stuffed peppers... those will need to make a showing on my menu plan soon! So happy to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete