Monday, July 25, 2011

Clear Lake

A few weeks ago David and I were able to sneak away for the day and head out to one of our favorite little spots...
Snacks ready for a day of fishing

Yup, that's me in my very own fishing vest!

This sign hangs outside the "resort"

It was so calm when we first arrived... that's what you get when you leave home in the fours!

First catch of the day

Patty-Melt for lunch, of course!

The largest catch of the day... almost 15 inches... must be some kind of record!

Look at all those fish!

Ready to be cleaned...

Once home, Trout Salad Nicoise for dinner

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day!! I totally want that salad and I loved the smoked trout that David made on the BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom (Debbie)- I am so happy to hear that you liked the smoked trout... I think that way of smoking will be a keeper for sure!

    Chrissy- if you mean, "did you rock a skirt while fishing?"... then yes, I sure did! Happy to see you are reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison, I love ya and your fishing skirt!

    ReplyDelete