Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Just thought you might want to see what Valentine's Day looks like around the Cozy Little Cottage.... I love vintage post cards and was lucky enough to have been gifted an entire shoe box full of them! I have them organized by holiday and always enjoy looking back on the notes that were written way back when.







Our Valentine celebrations were held in California where we had the wonderful, and rare, opportunity to spend time with David's family. We flew down Saturday morning and were back in Portland by Sunday night... what a trip! We so enjoyed it, even though it was so short! Most of David's family does not live in Oregon, so to even spend a couple of days with them was a treat!

Here is a little peak of what I made for David before we left. I filled it with all the letters we have written to each other over the past 9 years. He loved it and we both enjoyed re-reading all those long lost letters! I also made him that little card you see posted on the bulletin board in the back... he added it right to his new little letter satchel! The satchel is made of vintage red and white ticking and lined with a tan rose print. I also added two little embroidered hearts on the front. I gave it to him on our trip, along with a new magazine to read on the plane. And, he even hid a treat for me in his suitcase... the new Jamie Oliver cookbook Jamie's Food Revolution. I have always loved Jamie Oliver's philosophy about food, as it is very similar to my own. He is a firm believer supporting your local food sources and cooking, really cooking, at home.

While Valentine's Day and seeing family was wonderful while in California, I think my favorite part was seeing and picking my very own citrus fruits! (This was not really my favorite part, as family always trumps for me, but I was thrilled to be there during citrus season!) This Oregon girl was amazed to see citrus fruits galore in everyone's yard and even in David's grandfathers back yard... we picked and brought home an entire bag of oranges, mandarins and lemons (oh my)



No comments:

Post a Comment