Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Thieves Spray



Oh Thieves, how we love you! This essential oil blend has quickly become one of our favorites.

The story of thieves dates back to the bubonic plague and the legend holds that those who wanted to raid the houses of the sick dying wore scarves anointed with this oil blend to keep the germs at bay. 

Young Living has really brought this blend back to life with their own version of the oil and a wonderful line of Thieves household cleaners, soaps and sanitizing products. So far, I have loved all the Thieves products I have tried out (yay for foaming hand soap!) and I especially love mixing up my own cleaner using the essential oil. 

This spray is wonderful for spraying down counter tops, tables, door nobs... any germ-y surface. Lately, the biggest job for this spray around here has helping to sanitize our little potty chairs after they get a quick rinse. I simply spray the entire surface and let it air dry!

Thieves Spray

1/2 c water
1/2 c white vinegar
10-15 drops Thieves essential oil

This spray recipe can easily be doubled to make a larger batch. However, when making homemade cleaning products, I prefer to make a smaller batch more frequently so I don't have to worry about how long it has been sitting around... it comes together so quickly, making it more often has never been an issue




2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I will definitely give this a try :)
    Do you have a referral number I should use for ordering from YL?
    Thanks! -Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen! Yes, thank you for asking! My number is 3145607. There is a link to the website on the right hand side of this blog (when looking at the web version). Please feel free to email me and I can help with any questions you may have, I am more than happy to help! amsacoolas@yahoo.com

      Delete