Monday, September 27, 2010

Sheep, goats and rabbits... oh my!

Saturday found me at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival with my in-laws. We had no clue what to expect, but oh were we wonderfully surprised by what we found! I was thinking we might find a little old lady selling her hand knit socks and a couple of 4-H kids with their goats... but oh it was so much more! There were multiple buildings filled with all sorts of goodies!

I almost brought this angora rabbit home... I don't even think the Mr. would have minded!

The Spinning Circle

The funniest ram I have ever seen!

Our lunch- Lamb Ribs from SuDan Farms
Beautiful wool blankets

Fiber all ready to be turned into something wonderful!

As many of you know, I will live on my very own farm some day and be a modern day "Laura Ingalls". But until then, I have things like the Flock and Fiber Festival to keep my dreaming going...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day. Thanks for posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blankets were my favorite...Go Ducks!

    ReplyDelete