Thursday, April 15, 2010

Whole Grains and Meal Planning

I recently took another class from Monique Dupre and it was, of course, wonderful. The class was titled Whole Grains and Meal Planning. Throughout the two hour class, Monique walked her students through what kind of grains are available, how to prepare them and how to meal plan in a whole foods kitchen.

Above you will find our whole grains shelf. This picture is not very telling, as those jars up there are shelved about four deep. But as you can see, we do not have a lot, if any, canned food. Over the course of the last few years David and I have realized that meal planning is a huge part of staying organized and prepared in a kitchen where most things are not ready to eat and will not be ready to eat for a few hours. Enter... the meal planning class. Monique reassured me on many planning tricks that are already taking place in the cozy cottage kitchen and I learned quite a bit about how to stay ahead and always have something ready.

This is the second class I have taken from Monique and I have truly enjoyed both classes. Next on the list? Most likely Fermented Food and Condiment Making... what fun!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you would have a class at your house ... I would love to meet Monique.

    ReplyDelete